Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Iowa Blizzard 2009!! What were you doing??

The drifts were so high they were taller than the tire on the tractor. They went from the back of our house all the way to the barns! Thank goodness the horses were snug as a bug in the barn!! The picture on the right is the fence behind our house. That is where the drifts started! It took Mike most of the day to dig us out and still the schools are canceled again tomorrow! Getting 15inches of snow really slowed Iowa down!! Just think, it is only December! What will January and Febuary bring??!! I hope not much!! The kids and I stayed toasty warm by the corn burner and played games. Clay did go out with Mike in the heated tractor some of the day and loved every minute of it!! He thinks it should snow everyday so he can ride in the tractor!! As I sit here in my warm home I wish everyone safe travels throughout the winter season! Until next time, LeAnna

1 comment:

Denise said...

this is from Alyssa...
i love rudolph on your blog - love Alyssa

I agree - it looks great! Love the Christmas colors and your pictures from the storm - wow! I see what you mean by having some big drifts! I can't say we had any that big. Keep warm and have a great rest of the week.
Denise