Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It all started when I was twelve....

When I was twelve my parents traded for a new yearling colt and I named him Andre' because he was so big even as a yearling. I was so excited because he was my new project. I did all the training on him and eventually started showing him. We won tons of classes at tons of shows. I can remember winning a class on him with one rein because the other one lost a chicago screw. The picture below is of my senior picture with him! I loved him, he was a great horse! And then, one day I decided I wanted a barrel horse. My parents made me sell Andre' so I could afford to buy another horse and as a dumb teenager I sold him and bought another horse to run barrels on. Many years went by and I got married and had two kids and was living my life. Then one day a lady from New York called and asked if I wanted him back. My name was the only one on the transfer and she thought I would want him back so he could retire here with me. A long story short, Mike and dad drove 24 straight hours and Andre' was back home where he belonged! Now at the age of 20 he takes excellent care of Clayton and Kaya. He is a blessing and I am so thankful the lady picked up the phone and called me. The picture below is of Andre' with Kaya, Clayton, Ellie, and Audrey! I hope we have lots of years left in the old boy because I don't think we could ever replace him!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Andre is about the only horse I would feel comfortable letting the boys ride. Maybe next year they can do it all by themselves. That picture of the girls and Clay on Andre is great.